Monday, November 7, 2016

Parihaka Peace Flags

As a way of demonstrating our key competency this term of participating and contributing Room 9 (and the rest of NCS) created flags representing peace which were displayed at the Peace Picnic last Saturday.

They were received by the organisers with huge appreciation.  Some words from Barbara, received today by email were:


"Thank you, thank you, thank you for your willingness to engage with
this, and to all the children and their teachers I would say "I knew
we would produce something special, but I didn't know how amazing the
finished results of our combined efforts would be. I love the fact
that they are all so individual, just as you are, and the thought that
has gone into them. When I started off, I never imagined how moving
and beautiful they would be. And the comments I heard made at the
Peace Picnic on Saturday lets me know that everyone feels the same
way. Thank you, each and every one of you."



Well done, Nelson Central and Room 9!


No comments:

Post a Comment