Saturday, October 22, 2016

Letter writing

At writing time we are learning how to write letters.  We used this opportunity to write to Esther at the Suter Art Gallery to thank her for having us for the Clay Workshop.  Here are a few examples of what we wrote which show how much the children enjoyed the visit and what they learnt from Esther.

Milly wrote:

Dear Esther,
Thank you for teaching us how to make a clay creation.  I think my family will love my creation thanks to you.  I can't wait till I get to put my Christmas tree next to my bigger one.  I think Emily Suter did a great job of remembering her husband.  She gave a great gift to Nelson.  Thank you for having us.
From Milly

Behan wrote:

Dear Esther,
Thank you for teaching us clay.  It was tricky but you made it easy.  You showed us around the Suter Art Gallery.  Thank you for teaching us scratch, wet and wiggle.
From Behan

Finn wrote:

Dear Esther,
I loved doing your clay workshop.  They are the best workshops.  Thank you very much.  You are the greatest clay teacher in the whole wide world.  Thank you very much.  I loved you teaching us about the history of the Suter.  I am going to put my Christmas tree on my book shelf.
From Finn
P.S. I signed up to be a Suter volunteer.

Joe wrote:

Dear Esther,
Thank you for having us at the Art Gallery.  I had a great time there.  It was very fun.  I love sculpting clay.  I sculpt clay at home.  I made a plane at home.  I learnt to scratch, wet and wiggle.  I can't wait to put it on my shelf.
From Joe

1 comment:

  1. Great letters!! I can't wait to see your clay creations. From Emma (Isla's mum)

    ReplyDelete